Senior Expert Service (SES)
Foundation of German Industry for International Cooperation – non-profit organisation
The SES is Germany’s leading volunteering organisation for experts and executives who are either retired or taking some time off work. The SES has been helping people to help themselves since 1983 – all around the world, in every industry and sector.
At present, the SES has access to the knowledge and experience of over 12,000 experts from all professional spheres. Since 1983, the SES has completed more than 45,000 voluntary expert assignments in over 160 countries, with approximately a third of the placements being in Germany.
The SES is based in Bonn. It has some 200 representatives in 90 different countries around the world.
A Partner to Business and Government
The SES is supported by Germany’s top business organisations:
- The Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- The Confederation of German Employers’ Associations (BDA)
- The German Association of Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK)
- The German Confederation of Skilled Crafts (ZDH)
The SES primarily receives funding from:
- The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)